Our services focus on learning how nutrition food is meant to be savored and enjoyed. Our registered dietitian nutritionists (RDN) will work with you to create achievable goals to meet your individual needs. The goal is to provide a plan that allows you to eat what you enjoy while promoting optimal health and well-being.
Our services focus on learning how nutrition can assist management of:
- Heart disease
- Digestive disorders
- Weight management
- Care before and after organ transplantation
- Care before and after weight-loss surgery
- Sports Nutrition
- Food Allergies/intolerances
- Vegetarian nutrition
- Healthy eating/wellness
- Many other diseases and conditions
What to Expect
A weight loss program that really works
Guidance navigating food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
Help managing chronic diseases
Personally tailored advice
The highest level of nutrition counseling
Before Your Visit
First, determine if your health insurance covers nutrition counseling. Many health insurance companies cover nutrition counseling. To find out if your health insurance covers nutrition, please call the 800-number on your insurance card.
When calling your insurance company, ask the following questions:
- Does my plan cover outpatient nutrition counseling? If yes, how many sessions are allowed?
- Does my plan only cover visits that are considered “medically necessary”?
- Do I have a deductible to meet first?
- What is my co-pay amount for outpatient nutrition counseling?
- A referral from your doctor must be received to make an appointment.
- Next, schedule your first visit by contacting us.
To help the dietitian get a clear picture of what you’re eating, please fill out a 24-hour food log to bring to your appointment.
We ask you come 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment. Also, bring your health insurance card. You may require a co-pay and will need to pay before the appointment. If you cannot make it, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance. We look forward to working with you and helping you on your way to better health.
Note: nutrition counseling is sometimes considered as a “specialist” and the co-pay may be different than what is listed on your card. If insurance coverage is unavailable we provide an affordable fee of $60 for the first visit and $50 for follow-up visits. The first visit will be approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours, follow-up visits are 1 hour.