The program allows the flexibility to select activities which will complement the resident’s background and career goals. Residents will develop expertise in each of the following areas of pharmacy practice: acute patient care, ambulatory patient care, drug information and drug use policy development, and practice management. Rotations are typically one month in length and are structured to provide a solid, fundamental experience but are flexible to meet the training interests of individual residents.
- Completion of a longitudinal research project with presentation at the Southeastern Residency Conference
- Presentation of one ACPE accredited CE program for pharmacists/technicians
- Deliver a pharmacotherapy topic presentation to the University of Alabama’s Family Medicine Residency Program
- Complete the pharmacy practice experience (decentralized staffing) 4 shifts every 28 days
- Presentation of a critical review of a primary literature article
- Assist with recruitment of future residents